State and Precinct Committeemen/Committeewomen
2024 Election Cycle
Webpage last updated: 1/9/2024
The next election for Democratic and Republican State and Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen will be in 2024. Candidates for political party precinct positions will qualify for office during the same period as state and county candidates.
State and Precinct Committeemen & Committeewomen
- Qualifying deadline: Noon, 6/10/2024 – Noon, 6/14/2024.
- Beginning on 5/27/2024, we can accept and hold your qualifying paperwork. The paperwork will not be processed until qualifying begins. (Our offices will be closed on May 27, 2024.)
- Individuals seeking to run for a Precinct Committee position should complete the Candidate Oath Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen Form (DS-DE 305C).
- Individuals seeking to run for a State Committee position should complete the Candidate Oath State Committeeman and Committeewomen (Form DS-DE 305A).
- Do not use older versions of forms, as this may delay qualifying or prevent a person from qualifying.
- All qualifying papers MUST be received, not postmarked, at our Main office in West Palm Beach by Noon on 6/14/2024.
- Qualifying papers will not be accepted by facsimile or email.
- Qualifying Office: 240 S. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
We encourage you to take advantage of the pre-qualifying period and visit our office during the pre-qualifying/or qualifying period with your completed paperwork; at this time, our office will check your paperwork for any incomplete or missing items.
We perform only a ministerial role during qualifying – we may not determine whether the contents of the qualifying paperwork are accurate. Instead, we only review for completeness within the four corners of the document.
Please note that due to the high volume of election responsibilities, the Supervisor of Elections office will no longer be able to provide notary services.
The number of precinct committeepersons allowed per precinct is based on voter registration statistics for each precinct as regulated by party rules. Only the names of candidates with opposition in their precinct will appear on the Primary Election ballot for individual precincts. There is no run-off election for these positions. The term of office is four years.
Click here for information about the Palm Beach County Democratic Executive Committee.
Click here for information about the Republican Party of Palm Beach County.
The Democratic Party elects a State Committeeman and State Committeewoman internally.
The Republican Party candidates for State Committeeman and State Committeewoman appear on every Republican Primary Election ballot as they are elected countywide. There is no run-off election for this position. The term of office is four years.
Campaign Finance as it relates to a candidate for State/Precinct Committeeperson
- An individual running for State or Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman who receives a contribution or makes an expenditure shall file a report of all contributions received and all expenditures made. The report shall be filed no later than midnight (EST) on the 4th day preceding the Primary Election.
- All contributions and expenditures must be reported as required by Chapter 106, Florida Statutes.
- Reports shall be filed online using the Supervisor of Elections’ Campaign Financial Reporting System (106.07, Florida Statutes).
- The candidate is responsible for notifying the Supervisor of Elections’ candidate department if they need to file this report so they may receive the necessary sign-on credentials and signature PINs.
- Late reports are subject to automatic fines (106.0702, Florida Statutes).
NOTE: If no contributions are received (including personal funds) and no expenditures are made (including from personal funds), the State/Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman candidate is not required to file this report.
Interested individuals should contact their party executive committee for additional information about qualifying as a candidate for state or precinct committeemen and committeewomen or to obtain information about membership guidelines and party rules.