Wendy Sartory Link Supervisor of Elections Palm Beach County Wendy Sartory Link Supervisor of Elections Palm Beach County Wendy Sartory Link Supervisor of Elections Palm Beach County


Soldier Saluting American Flag

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) ensures eligible overseas citizens can apply to register to vote and Vote-by-Mail ballot. Members of the United States Uniformed Services and merchant marine, their eligible family member(s), and United States citizens residing outside of the country are covered under UOCAVA. Uniformed service members and their dependents residing in their voting jurisdictions are NOT covered under UOCAVAFind more information about coverage under UOCAVA on the U.S. Department of Justice website.

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) was created to implement the requirements of UOCAVA. FVAP works to ensure Service members, their eligible family members and overseas citizens are aware of their right to vote and provides resources and assistance that allow overseas and military citizens and their families to participate in elections from anywhere in the world.

You may register to vote and request a Vote-by-Mail ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA (Online Assistant or PDF) is the form that permits uniformed and overseas citizens to simultaneously register and request Vote-by-Mail ballots in the state or territory where you last resided immediately prior to departing the United States, even if you no longer maintain a residence in that state. If you reside outside the U.S., or you are an absent uniformed services voter, your ballot will be mailed to you at least 45 days before an election. The FPCA form is made available through the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP). Send a completed FPCA containing your original signature to the Supervisor of Elections office so that it arrives not later than 29 days before the election.